Saturday, January 15, 2011

Skin Whitening Ala Pinoy

Filipinos want to have fair skin because it looks clean, fragrant and star like. And becoming fair is not a very easy task and its even quite costly. I personally was very dark during my high school days and I didn’t care at all what I look like because I think I was a nerd, who just keeps on getting high grades, joins badminton, draws contest worthy pictures and goes home early everyday. I have tried so many products hahahaha I became vain to lighten my skin when I noticed girls in our school usually like fair boys. And so the list begins.

Whitening Mask Php25– I used this during highschool it was like a fragrant cream that becomes cold that when you apply it to your face, then it becomes a powdery mask. It didn’t really whiten my skin but it feels good to have this minty mask on your face, it was heavenly.I think I bought it in HBC

Block and White Ultima Astringent Php125– I used this for my face because I had pimple marks and it did whiten my skin but I think it made my skin thin. So I stopped using it I think I was able to use 2 bottles Number 3 strength.Its not being sold anymore.

Block and White Ultima Lotion Php125 – believed to whiten even the darkest elbows I used it on my face and it works! But the thing is its too greasy you can only use it during cold months or when your in airconditioned office.

Neutrogena Fine fairness Face wash Php 170+– It cleans your face like a plate. Lol it feels dry and I don’t like it that much, didn’t use it eversince.

Pond’s Flawless white day cream Php500+– I think its effects are temporary, Its like a cream that turns into powder and if you wash your face, wallah! Back to negrito mode, hahaha its quite costy too. But the thing I like about it is that it doesn’t feel dry nor greasy and it lasts the whole day.

Mistine White Spa Lotion Php300- It’s the most expensive but it’s the best lotion. It has all the skin whitening and smoothening ingredients. It smells very good and its quickly absorbed by the skin. Its endorsed by Lucy Torrers. I think the lotion is not sold anymore but its definitely the BEST.

Skinwhite whitening face cream Powder Php60- Whitens! But temporarily of course. But its good considering its cheap price. Must try lol

Garnier Light Complete Php50- It lightens the skin but it makes the skin too dry, I feel like my face is being soaked in lemon cream. I think it made me break out so I stopped using it.

Garnier Lotion Php250 – I think though it has that lemony scent, its one of the fastest skin whitening lotions out there. GREAT!

Olay Total Effects Php 700 - ahhhhhh! Too oily and greasy! I used it on my foot instead. Good thing it was only given to me and I didn’t buy it for myself.

Olay Natural White FluidPhp 200/ Olay white radiance day cream Php250 - It seeps into your skin and it also lasts the whole day, making you look fresh and radiant. It has SPF which is good, not too oily either. I like it its moisturizing effect. But, it doesn’t really whiten its like a temporary effect also that washes away with water.

Extraderm Whitening Soap Php25 – one of the first whitening soaps. It lightens the skin but those body parts not exposed in sunlight are the only ones that I think it had visible effects.

Likas papaya Soap Php45 - Hahaha the famous papaya soap! It makes your skin peel, or flaky. It didn’t whiten my skin. Honestly.

New Placenta Soap with Goats Milk Php75– At first I didn’t believe this soap because it was endorsed by Melanie Marquez and thought this soap was a joke. Then I noticed my tita who uses this soap started to have milky smooth skin, And so I tried it myself and to my surprise, it was a very good soap. It smells like fresh white Jasmine, and it feels like my skin was bathed in milk.It gives instant smoothness and rejuvenation to the skin. Makes the skin young, light and clean looking. It’s a must buy I guarantee you. =] GREAT!

Kojie San Whitening Soap Php 60– A Kojic bar soap that smells like orange. It melts quickly but I consider this soap to be the fastest whitening soap. It makes your skin reddish and itchy but that’s the price you have to pay for whitening your skin. I became so fair after using a few bars and people started asking me if I use glutathione because I became obviously fair.It has a Collagen variant which I prefer thought it doesn’t whiten as intensely as the kojic type. GREAT!

Vaniderm Whitening Soap Php 125 – An expensive, ineffective and drying soap. Don’t buy it.

RDL Bleaching Soap Php 50– I once called this soap as “Pampa-Tisoy” Its extremely drying but it whitens the skin. Its good to use it of you’re not exposed to the sun because I think it depletes your melanin stores.

C.Y Gabriel Bleaching Soap Php 25 – hahahaha I tried it seriously. I think Its good for removing insect bite scares. Don’t use it on your face. Its drying.

Palmolive Papaya soap/ Safeguard Php25 – Out of curiousity I tried this soaps and guess what? They didn’t work! What a surprise!? Lol but it smells like fruity papaya.just smells like but it doesn’t feel like a papaya soap.

Beauche Kojic Balls 1kg for Php200 – Kojic papaya balls that are round and cute. They look like small oranges in a plastic bag. But dont get deceived they are effective! Whitens skin and makes skin micro peel at the same time. Somehow drying but not as strong as Kojie San.Good Buy!

Ponds Whitening Face Wash – Drying and ineffective not for me.

Olay Whitening Face Wash – Non bubbly, scrubby beads and not effective as well.

Eskinol Orange Face Wash – Smells like orange, has minty beads and cleans and brightens the skin! Its GREAT! Sad to say its not sold in the market anymore.

Iwhite Korea Face Cream – It feels good, non oily, moisturizes well ala expensive product but it doesn’t whiten. But it feels good to use it makes skin feel comforted and calm.

Im not into skin whitening anymore since I am already fair after using the products above, So for those of you who are curious which are the ones that I truly use, here they are:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash Php 300 – I have been using this for 4 years and on going it’s the best facial wash for my skin type. It removes blackheads, pimples, whiteheads, impurities, dirt and heals pimple scars. It doesn’t dry the skin but it feels and looks really clean. Makes your pores refined. I think I’ll be using this forever. The BEST.

Himalaya Rejuvenating Night Cream Php 250 – I use this before going to sleep and you’ll see the effects when you wake up! Surpise! You look fresh and rested today! GREAT!

St. Ives Body Wash Vitamin E Variant Php400 – I love this body wash, It makes your skin so soft smooth and fragrant. You’ll feel pampered and energetic. GREAT!

Apollo Sebo De Macho Php15 – If you have a sore pimple, insect bite just put this to it and it will start to heal right away.no need for pricking! And its cheap too!

Word of Advice: Just stick to the products that you know work for you and If you want to try something out, research about it first alright! =b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...