Bakit nga ba mayroong mga only child na gaya ko? Dala ba ito ng tadhana at pagkakataon?Ito ba ay isang masamang bagay? Ito ba ay hinde katanggap-tanggap? Ganito palagi yan, may magtatanong saken at hinde ko alam ang isasagot kaya ito iblog ko na lang.
How come there are “only child” or people who doesn’t have siblings like me? Is this brought about by ill-fate? Is it a bad thing? Is it acceptable? It’s always the same scenario for us “only children”. Someone would ask; how come you don’t have any siblings? Is it sad? How does it feel?Are you a spoiled brat? Would you wish to have a brother or a sister if given the chance?
Ok maybe I’ll just answer these questions from my personal experience.
How come there are “only child” or people who doesn’t have siblings like me? how come you don’t have any siblings?
I came from a broken family, I haven’t got the chance to meet or see my father, when my mom got pregnant, I didn’t know if she told my father about it or if she really just want to keep it for herself. They separated ways and my mom told me that my father already has a family.I didn’t know what a father was, all I know I grew up having my lolo and lola take care of me and my mom was working abroad.So to answer that question, it was not my fault to have no siblings, It wasn’t my fault to be born at all. It was my parents decisions that gave this life to me.
Is this brought about by ill-fate?
Maybe yes, maybe no…. but in my case it was more like an accident. And it doesn’t feel so good knowing that you exist not because of love but because of unplanned circumstances. Some people are born with siblings but they just end up fighting over things and envy each other, maybe I’m still lucky. I have peace of mind, and I can’t imagine myself fighting with my sibling just because I feel less loved or what.
Is it a bad thing? Is it acceptable?
Of course it’s not bad to have a single child. Some parents who have so many children aren’t able to support the education and needs of their children. In my case, my mom is a single parent so its definitely acceptable.Jesus Christ is an only child. Marian Rivera is also an only child right?
Is it sad? How does it feel?
I really don’t know if it feels sad.I didn’t get the chance to have a brother or sister anyways, and in our family I always play with my cousins who are of the same age as I am.When there are school activities that parents are required to go to school, my tito and lolo where the ones who stood as my guardians, they signed my SchoolDiary, classcards and testpapers.
But of course one disadvantage of being an only child and being the son of a single parent is that: It’s hard to establish relationships with other people. It feels hard for us to trust because we already have that certain deep feeling in our hearts that we are used to being left by the people we have come to trust and love. It’s either we become too Independent or too Reliant on others. Extremes of personality are what happens to children like us…Some become very quiet, aloof, shy yet intelligent. Some become rebellious,spoiled,outspoken yet sad.
Are you a spoiled brat?
No. I had the things that I had because I deserve them for being such a good boy.=]
Would you wish to have a brother or a sister if given the chance?
Yes why not? Hmmmm an older brother maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment