
We have a new plant at home, it's called a stargazer... (when I was a child I used to dream of a certain flower blossoming, Im not sure what it was but when I saw our stargazer, now I know what it really is.Anu kaya ibig sabihin ng panaginip ko na yun dati? atsaka bakit ngayun nagpakita ang mahiwagang bulaklak na ito? Is there a certain event in my life na biglang nangyare within this past few days?Actually...secret^^)
Last night the four flowers of it were still closed like a tulip but when I woke up, I was mesmerized to see its real opened beauty. And it smells very fragrant too, I can even smell its fragrance a meter away where Im sitted right now typing this blog entry(ANG BANGO!). So here are some Info about the Stargazer I found from the net:pink stargazer lilies represent wealth and prosperity,as well being as a sign of aspiration.
Lilium "Stargazer" (the Stargazer lily) is a hybrid lily of the Oriental group. The ASPCA reports the plant as being toxic to cats. When mature it grows to a height of 36 inches with a spread of 12 to 16 inches with an upright form. It has a fast growth rate and should be planted in full sun in well drained loamy or sandy soil. The flower is pink, red, and white, and is sweetly fragrant. The plant produces 4 to 5 flowers per stem.
The Stargazer lily was created in 1978 by Leslie Woodriff,a lily breeder in California. The plant is an Oriental hybrid lily which Woodriff called "Stargazer," because the blooms faced the sky. This lily is now fairly common throughout North America.
Stargazer Lilies are also poisonous to humans when ingested. They are said to cause nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. In some cases anaphylaxis occurs. In most cases people only suffer from severe diarrhea.
No comments:
Post a Comment